Thank you for your interest in helping L.E.AR.N.!
There are many things you can do to assist us with our rescue, rehabilitation, conservation and educational efforts. Here are some examples:
- Mention to people you think might be a good adoptive or foster family that we are always in need of good homes. If this is you, visit our application page!
- You could buy some of the great products our Treasurer sells as a fundraiser.
- Mention to everyone you know that owns a home or business that L.E.A.R.N. is primarily funded by our president’s real estate activities. If you or someone you know would like to buy or sell property, or needs repairs or improvements done to their property, Micha is not only a great resource, but his commissions go almost entirely to keep L.E.A.R.N. running!
- Consider being a critter taxi! We often have requests to help animals outside the Shreveport/Bossier City area, or have adoptive homes that could take in an animal in another area. If you are willing to let a critter hitch a ride, let us know by filling out our contact form or by calling or texting our president. Areas we frequently have travel needs for are South Louisiana and the Dallas and Monroe areas.
- Like, follow and share our Facebook page. Our page is one of our best resources for connecting animals in need with new homes, not to mention keeping our followers updated about milestones and upcoming events.
- You could print out a L.E.A.R.N. flyer and put it on an appropriate bulletin board or at your local pet store.
- You could assist us with one of our educational booths. We could always use an extra hand teaching folks about local critters. Common tasks include assisting with animal interactions, setup & tear-down and handing out educational flyers. If you would like to lend a hand at one of our booths, let us know by filling out our contact form or by calling or texting our president.
- You could pitch in at one of our seasonal work days at the facility. We may be doing anything from maintaining trails, planting food for the critters, building a new outdoor enclosure, or who-knows-what. If you would like to lend a hand at one of our workdays, let us know by filling out our contact form or by calling or texting our president.
- You could come field-herping! Check out our events page to see upcoming trips.
More involvement opportunities coming soon. Thanks for your interest!