L.E.A.R.N. hosts and attends various events throughout the year.
We also host various workshops at the facility, and bring critters to various venues, such as libraries, summer camps and youth groups.
To get more details about an event, text Micha at (318) 773-9393 or follow our Facebook page.
To request an event with L.E.A.R.N., visit our event request page.
Our 2017 events include:
- Talk to the Bird Study Group at 6:30 PM on March 14th at the Museum of Life Sciences, LSU-S
- Public Safety Fair in Greenwood on March 18th from 10:00 AM -2:00 PM
- Spring Open House at L.E.A.R.N. March 25th from 12:00 PM- 8:00 PM
- Live Broadcast from L.E.A.R.N. with Rick Rowe on the KTBS Channel 3 Morning Show on March 27th
- Bugs, Birds and Blooms Festival at Norton Art Gallery April 1st from 10:00-3:00
- Animal Presentation at the Montessori School for Shreveport on Thursday, April 13 from 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM.
- Spring Field-Herping Adventure, location TBA, April 15th from 10:30 AM- 10:30 PM
- Herpetology Workshop for the Louisiana Master Naturalists at L.E.A.R.N. on April 22nd from 8:30 AM – 3:00 PM
- Red River National Wildlife Refuge Youth Camp Field trip to LE.A.R.N. on June 22nd from 9:30 AM -11:30 AM.
- Summer Open House at L.E.A.R.N. June 24th from 12:00 PM- 8:00 PM
- Animal Presentations at the Red River National Wildlife Refuge to the Outdoor Recreation Camp from 8:45 AM – 12:00 PM on June 28th.
- Summer Field-Herping Adventure, location TBA, July 4th from 10:30 AM- 10:30 PM
- Fall Field-Herping Adventure, location TBA, September 11th from 10:30 AM- 10:30 PM
- Fall Open House at L.E.A.R.N. September 16th from 12:00 PM- 8:00 PM
- National Hunting and Fishing day at Bodcau Wildlife Management Area- September 23rd
- Red River National Wildlife Refuge Fall Wildlife Celebration- October 21st from 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
For more information on any of these events, you are welcome to contact us.
Our regularly scheduled events each year include:
- Spring Open House at the facility- First Saturday in Spring
- Summer Open House- First Saturday in Summer
- Fall Open House- First Saturday in Fall
- Winter Open House (Invitation Only)- Last Saturday of Fall
- Spring Field-herping trip- April 16th (or nearest Saturday)
- Summer Field-herping trip- July 4th
- Fall Field-herping trip- September 11th
- Red River National Wildlife Refuge Fall Wildlife Celebration- Third Saturday in October
- National Hunting and Fishing day at Bodcau Wildlife Management Area- Fourth Saturday in September