L.E.A.R.N. is a licensed wildlife rehabilitation facility that also rehabilitates small exotic animals such as birds, mammals, and reptiles. Please note that we are not a licensed veterinary facility, which means we can not treat animals owned by others at any time.
If you have found an injured wild reptile or amphibian, please call or text our intake coordinator at (318) 773-9393 to arrange for pickup or drop-off. We are located in northwest Louisiana, just south of the Shreveport/Bossier City metro area. We travel to pick up animals when we can, but you may need to plan on being able to come to this area, if not the facility itself.
- For general information about helping injured animals, click here.
- For information about wild birds, click here.
- For information about wild mammals, click here.
If you are surrendering a wild animal, there is an indigenous intake form you will need to fill out. You can fill it out in person, or click here to print it out and bring it with you.
If you have a pet that needs medical attention and you cannot afford to care for it yourself, you may call and see if we are able to take it in. Again, if you have an exotic animal and you bring it to us, please be aware you will be surrendering the animal to our ownership and care. We do not treat animals belonging to others at any time.
If you are surrendering a pet, there is an exotic intake form you will need to fill out. You can fill it out in person, or click here to print it out and bring it with you.
If you have an exotic or indigenous pet that needs attention and you do not want to surrender the animal, L.E.A.R.N. recommends:
- Benton Road Animal Health Clinic in Bossier City
- Wise Choice Animal Hospital in Shreveport
- LSU Small Animal Clinic in Baton Rouge
- Texas Wildlife Rehabilitators by County
- Arkansas Wildlife Rehabilitators by County
- Global Assistance link at the IWRC
- Find a Rehabilitator – NWRA
- Index of state rehabilitator directories on OWRA
- Additional resources at Animal Help Now
For an article about turtle shell repair, click here.